Spartanburg Truck Accident Attorneys
Every motor-vehicle collision is a jarring event, but the experience can be considerably more traumatic when a big rig is involved. The resulting injuries are often catastrophic. Our truck accident attorneys in Spartanburg have seen the devastation caused by these wrecks and are proud to help the injured and their loved ones pursue justice and fair compensation.
For a free consultation, call us today at 864-585-3873. We can come to you if you are unable to come to us.
How Much Is My Truck Accident Claim Worth?
Repair costs, home modifications, medical bills, and your everyday expenses—after a serious truck accident, it can feel like your bank account is constantly leaking money. To make matters even worse, it’s likely that you’ve been sidelined from work, leaving you with no way to start chipping away at your mounting debts.
What most claimants need during this challenging chapter is a financial safety net—the kind that only a fair settlement or verdict can provide. However, if you’re hoping to get an exact idea of what your case may be worth, there’s no way to guarantee a specific outcome.
There are many factors that can influence how your case unfolds. Your Spartanburg truck accident lawyer will first need to conduct a thorough investigation before he or she is able to estimate the value of your potential recovery.
Here are a few factors your lawyer might consider:
- Lost Wages: Whether you spent a week in the hospital receiving treatment or your injuries prevented you from returning to work, you may have missed out on weeks (or even months) of earnings. As such, these losses could be factored into your potential recovery. If you suffered a permanent injury or disability that is expected to affect your income-earning capacity down the line, you may also be able to seek compensation for loss of future earnings.
- Your Own Liability: There are many situations when one party is entirely responsible for causing an accident and shoulders 100 percent of the liability. However, this isn’t always the case. Not only may multiple parties share some responsibility for the accident, but you may also be liable for a portion of your damages. For example, if you were speeding at the time of the wreck, it may be determined that you were partially at-fault, and your damages award could be reduced as a result.
- Severity of Your Injuries: Typically, serious or permanent injuries tend to result in far greater medical costs and lead to increased levels of pain and suffering. As a result, the severity of your injuries could have a major influence on the value of your potential recovery.
- Available Insurance Coverage: It’s an unfortunate fact that a claimant’s recovery can be limited by the available insurance coverage. Our truck accident attorneys in Spartanburg can perform a thorough investigation to identify all potential sources of compensation.
Will My Case Go to Trial?
T.V. shows and summer blockbusters may have made you wary of the courtroom. After all, what do you expect to find when you walk into these intimidating spaces? Stern judges hammering their gavels? Slick lawyers peppering plaintiffs with leading questions? While mainstream media does take some liberties with its depictions of America’s legal landscape, it’s no secret that going to court can be incredibly intimidating.
Fortunately, the majority of truck accident cases are resolved out of court. However, if opposing parties are unwilling to agree to a fair settlement, it may be in your best interests to take the next step and file a lawsuit. Here are a few factors that might influence how your case unfolds:
- Multiple Liable Parties: As previously mentioned, one party may be entirely at fault for causing the accident that led to your injuries. However, there are many scenarios wherein multiple parties share liability. In this scenario, a dispute might arise regarding how liability is apportioned. If no resolution is reached, your case might proceed to the latter stages of litigation.
- Strength of Your Evidence: Strong evidence is the backbone of a successful personal injury case. Without it, all sorts of disputes could arise. Our truck accident lawyers can evaluate your case, help determine which evidence might strengthen your claim, and take steps to collect this evidence before it becomes unavailable.
- Nature of Negotiations: If you are not seeking a significant settlement or you have strong evidence to prove every element of your claim, the opposing party may be less likely to challenge your case. However, if you are seeking a large sum or the opposing party is simply uncooperative, you may be in for a legal battle. The insurance company will be incentivized to find any evidence that could be used to challenge your claim and reduce or deny your financial recovery. This is why it is so important to hire a seasoned attorney.
Speak with a Spartanburg Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Our lawyers offer free case evaluations and don’t charge any attorneys’ fees unless we win. To speak with a member of our team, send us a message or call 864-585-3873.