Spartanburg Slip and Fall Attorneys
Fall injuries can be far more catastrophic than many people realize. Brain trauma, broken bones, and even permanent disabilities are common. Our slip and fall attorneys in Spartanburg have extensive experience in these cases and can help you pursue the compensation you need to cover medical costs, lost wages, and other damages.
It’s not uncommon for property owners to cover up evidence of negligence, so the importance of acting quickly cannot be overstated. For a free consultation, call our office at 864-585-3873.
Mistakes That Could Harm Your Slip and Fall Case
Type up a statement, gather evidence, and complete the necessary paperwork—filing a personal injury claim looks like a straightforward process. However, if you’ve ever had to deal with an insurance company in the past, you know that even a clear-cut case could turn into a never-ending nightmare.
Insurance companies make a profit by taking in more money in premiums than they pay out in claims, so the insurance adjuster has incentive to minimize your settlement. While you might think you have a strong case, insurers are adept at weeding out inconsistencies, errors, and other issues that could bring your case crashing down.
Our slip and fall lawyers in Spartanburg have decades of combined experience handling personal injury claims. We are familiar with the types of tactics employed by insurers to reduce or deny claims and can help you avoid, counter, and mitigate disputes. Our legal team can guide you through this challenging chapter of your life, handling the logistics of your case so you can focus on your medical recovery.
Below are a few mistakes you will want to avoid until your claim is resolved:
- Corresponding with the Insurance Company: Following a slip and fall, the insurer may reach out to you for a recorded statement. On the surface, this seems like an ordinary request; however, these calls are often used as an opportunity to elicit specific responses that could be used to challenge your claim. For example, you may inadvertently admit fault for causing the accident, or you might downplay the extent of your injuries. Your statements could be misrepresented to challenge key aspects of your case which might lead to delays, a reduced financial award, or the outright denial of your claim. At Hodge & Langley Law Firm, our attorneys can handle dialogue with the insurance company and opposing parties so you don’t say something that might harm your chances of recovering fair compensation.
- Posting About Your Injuries on Social Media: Whether it’s a written account of how the accident happened, images of your injuries, or a comment about the nature of negotiations, your social media activity could affect the outcome of your case. Investigators employed by the insurance company or other opposing parties may be monitoring your online accounts for any evidence that could be used to dispute liability, causation, and damages. For example, if you uploaded an image of yourself at a party in the days following the accident, the insurer could use this post as evidence to argue that your injuries can’t be that serious. Our attorneys may advise you to disable your social media accounts until your case has concluded.
- Not Seeking Immediate Medical Treatment: Whether you suffered a serious injury or survived unscathed, you should always visit the doctor after an accident. Skipping this crucial step could impact your ability to recover compensation for your losses. For instance, the insurance company might argue that you did not take reasonable steps to mitigate damages and therefore are at least partially liable.
Qualities That Set Our Premises Liability Attorneys Apart
If you’ve spent any time looking for a slip and fall attorney in Spartanburg, it’s likely that you’ve encountered several law firms eager to handle your claim. However, while their webpages might look the part, some lawyers simply don’t have the time, resources, or experience to give your case the attention it deserves.
Here are a few reasons our lawyers stand out from the rest:
- Accomplished Litigators: The lion’s share of personal injury cases will never see the inside of a courtroom. However, if disputes arise and negotiations stall, you may be left with no other option than to enter litigation. Having a skilled litigator in your corner not only will ensure that you’re prepared to take this next step if necessary, but it could also help reduce the likelihood of disputes if the insurance company is aware that you are taking your claim seriously.
- Relevant Experience: Personal injury law is a diverse field covering a wide range of cases from truck accidents to medical malpractice to dog bites. Each type of personal injury case has its own nuances, and as a result, it will benefit you to hire an attorney who has handled similar claims to your own. Our lawyers have extensive experience in slip and fall cases.
- Access to Experts: Whether it’s to help estimate the value of lost wages, prove the severity of your injuries, or identify the liable parties, there are many ways an expert witness can assist in your case. At Hodge & Langley Law Firm, we have access to an extensive network of qualified individuals including economists, vocational experts, and medical specialists.
Speak with a Spartanburg Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
When you’re ready to speak with an attorney about your case, contact our law firm at 864-585-3873. You can also send us a message on our Contact Page.