Greenville Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents are a leading cause of serious injury and death throughout the country, and South Carolina is certainly no exception. If you were severely hurt in a motor-vehicle collision, our Greenville car accident attorneys are ready to help you navigate the legal system and fight for fair compensation.
You can reach us at 864-585-3873 to schedule a free consultation. No attorneys’ fees will be owed unless we win your case through a settlement or trial verdict.
We Will Make Sure the Insurance Company Treats You Fairly
When dealing with insurance companies, it is important to remember that they are businesses, and businesses exist to make money. Their goal is to take in as much money in premiums as possible and to pay out as little as possible. In other words, as friendly as they might seem on their TV commercials, they want to pay you as little as possible to resolve your claim. Having a Greenville car accident lawyer on your side can help ensure that you are treated fairly throughout the claims process.
- Evidence: When a claim falls on the desk of an insurance adjuster, they will begin to input numbers into a formula to determine how much they think your claim might be worth. An experienced attorney who has dealt with insurance companies will understand what insurance companies are looking for and can assist in gathering the evidence needed to support your claim. This can include medical bills, receipts for damaged property, photos of the scene, the accident report, cellphone records, surveillance footage, and many other kinds of evidence.
- Negotiation: As mentioned before, the insurance company is not on your side; they want to pay you as little as possible or nothing at all. With many decades of collective legal experience, our attorneys know the most effective strategies to employ during settlement negotiations.
- Communications: The claims adjuster may try to get you to say things that are damaging to your case. This is why it is always advisable to speak to an experienced attorney before you give any sort of statement, or before you sign any sort of document that has been given to you by the insurance company. Remember, it is important that you are honest throughout the entire proceeding, but that does not necessarily mean that you are required to comply with everything an insurance company asks of you.
How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Car Accident Case?
It may seem like the process of filing a car accident claim is simple. You might be thinking, “The other person ran into me, so they should have to pay for my damages.” But even if you were not at fault in the accident that led to your injuries, it may still take a bit longer than expected for the compensation you deserve to hit your bank account should your case yield a recovery. The exact amount of time will depend on a few different factors.
- Discovery Process: Discovery can include things like obtaining medical and police records, taking deposition from any witnesses who may have been present at the scene, and developing an accident reconstruction with the help of an expert. This process can take time.
- Willingness to Settle: The opposing party may be very willing to settle the case, or they may be adamant that they want to take the case all the way to a trial. If there exists strong evidence to prove your case, it is likely that the opposing party will agree to settle without proceeding to litigation, but there’s no way to guarantee this will happen.
- Maximum Medical Improvement: Your lawyer may advise you to wait until you have reached maximum medical improvement before commencing settlement negotiations.
- Other Factors: There are a number of disputes that could arise and send your case to litigation. This might happen, for example, if the accident aggravated or exacerbated a preexisting condition, or if you post something on social media that brings liability or another element of your case into question.
Speak with a Car Accident Lawyer in Greenville Today
Our attorneys are ready to hear your story and help you fight for justice and fair compensation. Call 864-585-3873 or send us a message today to set up a free consultation.
DISCLAIMER: NONE OF THIS INFORMATION SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS A DESCRIPTION OR CHARACTERIZATION OF THE QUALITY OF THE FIRM'S REPRESENTATION AND IN NO WAY SHOULD BE INTERPRETED AS A GUARANTEE OF A SPECIFIC RESULT FOR YOUR CASE OR ANY CASE. EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT AND MUST BE EVALUATED ON ITS OWN MERITS.