The loss of a loved one is the most devastating types of trauma a person can go through. The thought that the negligence of someone else led to that death makes the devastation even worse. While nothing can bring your loved one back, the compassionate and experienced lawyers of the Hodge & Langley Law Firm can help you obtain a measure of justice for your loss through compensation for the medical expenses your loved one incurred prior to death, their pain and suffering, and for funeral expenses. We can also help family members seek compensation for lost wages and loss of companionship.
Wrongful death may be the result of several factors. Some examples of problems or situations that lead to wrongful death cases include:
- Product liability, in which a product has been made with flaws or fails to perform, resulting in death
- Police negligence or jail negligence, in which officers or jailers act in a manner (either with deadly force, using weapons, or by not intervening or monitoring) that leads to severe injury and death
- Car accidents or commercial truck accidents that result in death
- Nursing home negligence or abuse, in which caretakers either fail to adequately provide care or forcefully cause injury or death
- Medical malpractice, in which health care providers misdiagnosis, prescribe incorrect medications, or perform faulty procedures, or pharmaceutical companies make faulty products or poorly warn of side effects
We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. We handle wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you pay nothing up front for our legal services. If we are successful, our fee will be a percentage of the settlement or award we obtain for you; if we are not successful, you will owe us no attorney fees.
Don’t let big insurance companies tell you how to handle your loved one’s death. Talk with an experienced attorney today to understand your case and your loved one’s rights. Contact Hodge & Langley Law Firm for your free consultation.